Transactions of the Krylov State Research Centre is one of the leading Russian journals in the field of shipbuilding. It contains key information about the most advanced research projects pursued by the Krylov Centre as well as engineers and researchers from other organizations working for the benefit of shipbuilding industry (research institutes, universities, design bureaus).
The journal has been published since 1941.
Today 4 issues are published annually with a run of 120 copies.
is Director General of the Krylov State Research Centre Vladimir S. Nikitin, D.Sc., Professor.
All papers are peer reviewed.
Scope of topics:
Full texts are available on the following platform:
- Ship theory and fluid mechanics including design and operation of propulsors.
- Ship structural mechanics. Statics and dynamics of ship structures, global and local strength, structural materials and structure diagnostics.
- Design of ships, vessels, offshore platforms and marine facilities.
- Ship power plants. Theoretical and applied issues in development, implementation and operation of all types of ship powering and electric systems and equipment.
- Nuclear and radiation safety of ships, marine structures and sea environment.
- Physical fields of ships and marine structures including acoustic, electromagnetic and geophysical signatures. Ship electrodynamics, management of magnetic, electric, radar, infra-red and laser signatures. Ship acoustics: noise and vibration control and reduction tools.
- Survivability, fire safety and ergonomics of marine vessels.
- Life-cycle operation and maintenance of ships and vessels.
- Applied and forward-looking research studies related to offshore developments including Arctic shelf. Offshore oil & gas field logistics, ice technologies.
- Standardization, unification, certification and coding of equipment and materials, product cataloguing, metrological support, specialization and cooperative production in shipbuilding industry.
- Shipbuilding industry economics. Shipbuilding development strategy and programs.
The journal is indexed in the following catalogues and databases: